StormDrain FSD-090-CB-2 9-Inch Square Catch Basin and Grate Kit
Installing StormDrain Square Catch Basins
The FSD-090-CB-2 9-inch Square Catch Basin is the perfect solution for collecting excess water from the lawn, landscape and driveway. The catch basin is designed to collect and divert water to safe areas protecting property against water damage caused by excess rainwater or irrigation. The basin accepts 3-inch and 4-inch S and D and corrugated piping along with Sch 40 PVC. Made of heavy duty polypropylene, this catch basin can handle medium-duty pneumatic tire traffic, autos and trucks. Made in the USA, this basin can hold up to 2.4 US gallons. Made in the USA.
- Excavate a hole large enough so the top of the drain box will be at the desired height and there is sufficient room on all sides of the box for 4”-6” of sand backfill.
- Make sure the bottom of the hole is flat, and well compacted, situate the box with the outlet connections oriented in the proper direction.
- Connect the drain lines. Compact sand evenly around the box leaving room for 4”-6” of topsoil or appropriate grade material.
Why Drainage Systems Are Important?
Water from the runoff of roofs through downspouts or low spots in the landscape can easily turn into water buildups and can cause serious damage to your property. Protecting your home from potential flooding or structural damage is easily corrected with underground catch basins which can move standing water to a “safe area” or dissipate the water through the soil. Drainage problems can go unnoticed for a great deal of time however, if not corrected you can expose yourself to property damage, reduced functionality of your yard, health issues and repair costs later.
- 9-inch Square Flat Green Grate - FSD-090-SF
- 9-inch Square Flat Black Grate - FSD-094-SF
- 9-inch Square Atrium Green Grate - FSD-090-A
- 9-inch Square Atrium Black Grate - FSD-094-A
- 9-inch Square Debris Trap - FSD-090-ST
- Universal Outlet - FSD-US-001
- Universal Plug - FSD-UA-PLUG